This Week in the Markets: Housing, Presidents, and a lot of Earnings
This week we are all looking for the markets to make a decision. Many are claiming that we are long due for a market correction and that prices will start pulling back this week. Will the strong rally come to an end this week? Welcome to the week of February 20th, 2012. Hope it treats you well!
I wish I could sleep in buy I have an exam in business computers. Zzzzzz.
Lack of Data
Not a lot of numbers will be released this week. We will have our weekly unemployment figures but other than that we are left with not of a lot of big news. Oh, expect for one big deal:
Those of you with housing stocks will want to take notice of the existing and new housing sales numbers coming out for the month of January. Everything I have heard points to January being a great month in real estate, and I be these numbers look good pushing housing stocks higher.
If you can’t get your data fix off the housing market then you have plenty to choose from when it comes to companies earnings. This week is especially busy with announcements from some big names. Companies releasing earnings statements this week are:
- Wal Mart: Expected to report some growth and reports their earnings before the market opens.
- Macy’s: Reports after markets open. This stock has been growing at breakneck speed.
- Home Depot: Reporting at market opening.
- HP: Computer giant HP will report earnings after markets close.
- The GAP: Reports earnings after markets close and is expected to report significant reductions in revenue.
- Target: Expected to report flat earnings after the market opens.
- Kohl’s: Reporting slight improvement in earnings before the market opens.
In Other News
- There is lots of live music in Denton, Texas!
- Investors are trying to get burned again with mortgage backed securities.
- Europe is supposed to bail itself out so let’s hope that works better than our bailout schemes.
Enjoy your week everyone and if I forgot anything important about his week let me know with a comment!